Monday, May 15, 2006

Been a minute...

It's been a while. I think I came down with a case of procrasti-lazy-bloggitis/aria. I have caught up on a few more reads and happened on some CDs that forever dotted my trip to shaggz with mine mater. I now own:

The Rough Guide to Franco: Africa's Legendary Guitar Maestro
and
The Very Best of the Rumba Giant of Zaire [Audio CD] Franco

Don't know whether it was conditioning which happened aforehand in my younger years cooped up in a car on a looooooooooooong ride to my grandparents but somehow, I now don't seem to mind Franco's music. The shady bone in me is quite inspired to acquire this one too. Considering artist on songs #1 and 6 was a constant fixture in my uncle's ride. As for reads, here's what I've been delving into:

  1. Opening Spaces An Anthology of Contemporary African Women's Writing - Edited by Yvonne Vera
  2. Discovering Home by Binyavanga Wainaina
  3. Discovering Home - 3rd collection of stories from the Caine Prize for African Writing

If you've read any of the above books let me know what you thought about them and if you haven't share your thoughts when you read them. Suggestions on other interesting reads are most welcome...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenyan Idiot said...

Yeah, you said it right. There is something nostalgic about Franco and the TPOK Jazz Band. Whenever i listen to the music i recall when i was alittle boy. But my peers think i am just an antique idiot... but i love Franco regardless

5/30/2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are Independent Sexy
You drive men crazy with your "playing hard to get act" Except, it's really not an act at all. You're a strong, sexy woman with her own life and interests. And that makes men even more interested in you!
What Kind of Sexy Are You?