Wednesday, May 31, 2006

On Being a KBWer

Kenyan Bloggers Day 2006 Button


I volunteered to answer the call for Kenyan Bloggers Day on KBW not knowing where to begin. Should I rant about our MPs and Serikali? rave about the patient Kenyan masses who are thieved upon by their leaders? scream that we have a lack of young leadership in our country? What do I talk about without sounding like I just did it for the sake of fulfilling a chore on my to do list (no such list exists anyway). What about being a Kenyan blogger or being Kenyan should I share with the blogosphere that hasn't been said or done already? I thought about writing something on how we as a nation have not yet achieved Madaraka. However, that would be undermining all the efforts that our freedom fighters put into seeing that we as people would be independent to rule ourselves as we saw fit. Therefore, it's much easier for me to note a few things that I have gained as a Kenyan blogger. Being a KBWer is a learning experience for me. It is great to see the Kenyan blogosphere grow in leaps and bounds. Through KBW, I have been able to use some of the skills I learnt in Computer Science 101 that I thought would never be of use to me when it came to working on my template. Through KBW, I have read about commentaries and opinions on topics that I would never have thought of paying attention to. Hence, I'm glad to be a Kenyan blogger. I'm happy with the work I see put forth by every single member. Therefore, I look forward to great things in the Kenyan community both at home and in the diaspora. It is only through projects like these that we slowly but surely start to make a difference no matter how small in shaping our destiny as Kenyans.

Happy Madaraka Day!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, true ... definitely a learning experience among other things.
Happy Madaraka Day to you too!

6/01/2006 02:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KBW like Kenya, is all of us together. We build it together, we decide on the direction it takes together. Thank you for taking part.

6/01/2006 03:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Madaraka Day to you, Kabinti. I wholeheartedly echo what mentalacrobatics has said.

6/01/2006 06:23:00 AM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

I think we should all say to the blazes with the politicos and long live our country

Happy Madaraka day

6/01/2006 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger akiey said...

Happy Madaraka Day to you too Kabinti!

It's good you too chose to honour the efforts & sacrifices made by our freedom fighters. Some folks tend to overlook that.

Yep, KBW is fast becoming an online world of info and knowledge.

Enjoy your day!

6/01/2006 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Acolyte said...

Happy Madaraka Day!Being in KBW is most def a learning experience and a wonderful way to interact with fellow Kenyans near and far!

6/01/2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Valedon said...

Yeah, being a KWBer certainly rocks!!!
Thanks for the post.
You know, the response from other KWBers on Madaraka day is certainly something that makes me even more proud(er) to be a KWBer

6/03/2006 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger Valedon said...

omg! I was also a 'mtoto' wa nyayo on a certain Madaraka day back in the day..........

6/03/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a true Kenyan for you, I hope you enjoyed your Madaraka day.

6/07/2006 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Kabinti said...

thank you everyone! belated thanks not withstanding. I enjoyed reading everyone's Madaraka post!

6/09/2006 06:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats this big noise about young leadership?
Are we going to elect clueless power hungry pple just because they are young?
And what exactly is young? 30s, 50s or
60s?

6/16/2006 08:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

You Are Independent Sexy
You drive men crazy with your "playing hard to get act" Except, it's really not an act at all. You're a strong, sexy woman with her own life and interests. And that makes men even more interested in you!
What Kind of Sexy Are You?